It’s that time of year again where clicking, typing, and being a human at 11:15AM has never seemed more stressful. That’s right: it’s course registration. I asked KSTEM president Rachel Arens to gather the best registration tips around.
Note: The following is a guest post from KSTEM, a club on campus with a mission to develop a strong and supportive scientific community. Email email@example.com for more information!
- Register in the science quad with as few people as possible! Registration works smoothly if there aren’t many people per router.
- Make sure you have at least two classes that you are genuinely excited about.
- If there’s one class that you really need/want and is difficult to get into just put that class in first and hit submit; you don’t have to waste time filling up the slots before you hit submit the first time!
- Make an excel sheet or Google Sheet so you can copy and paste!
- Minimize your windows so they’re side by side and you don’t have to click between
- Tell Duo NOT to remember you for 10 hours so it’s easier to log in and log out.
- If there’s a popular class you really want, email the professor ahead of time asking to be in the class/put on the waitlist!
- IT’S ALL GOING TO WORK OUT! Don’t panic! Everything will be ok.